Welcome to the Super Rad Arcade!

I'm Ryan, otherwise known as FistoftheWind on the internets. This is my personal space for retro video gaming, movie and television reviews as well as a lot of other junk from the 80's and 90's. Thanks for stopping by! When you're done reading be sure to check the forum link above and meet our other friends from the Mega Base.

Monday, June 22, 2015

Heroes Con 2015

This past weekend I had the pleasure of attending Heroes Convention in Charlotte NC thanks to my buddy Rob. Once again dude, thanks for the ride to the con, letting me crash on your couch, and for always being such an awesome host. It was an incredible weekend!



I think this was probably the biggest vendor room I have ever seen. I've been to a lot of anime and smaller comic cons in my day but this thing was huge. Had to be at least the size of a football field or more. I think for the first 45 minutes or so we just kind of wandered around aimlessly just to take it all in. I don't think I've ever seen so many comics, toys, and aother nerdy junk all in one place before.

The thing I loved the most about this convention was the focus on meeting artists and writers over big celebrities.

As such I was able to meet Ian Flynn, writer of Archie Comic's Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man series, and his wife Aleah Baker, who is a colorist for the Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Universe books.

I asked them if they could say any more on the cancellation of the Sonic Boom but they didn't have anything else to reveal that we didn't already know, just that the word came down from higher up at Archie and that it wasn't due to poor sales or by the request of Sega. I suppose the cancellation will have to remain a mystery, for now at least.

I was also able to meet Tracy Yardley, who is an artist on just about all of Archie's action series comics. Unfortunately I couldn't get a picture of him as his booth was pretty swamped with people trying to get him to do sketches for them. Eventually I did get to speak to him for a moment and got him to sign some things for me.

So thanks to the great folks at the Archie Comics booth, I'm now caught up (until Wednesday anyway) on the World's Unite crossover event with signed copies of each to boot!


Ian also hooked me up with this sweet signed collection of Sonic Boom alternate covers that all line up in a single image. I've got to find a way to safely display this thing.


That's it for the comic loot I scored over the weekend. Stay tuned for my follow up post where I'll be sharing my favorite cosplays from the weekend.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment