Welcome to the Super Rad Arcade!

I'm Ryan, otherwise known as FistoftheWind on the internets. This is my personal space for retro video gaming, movie and television reviews as well as a lot of other junk from the 80's and 90's. Thanks for stopping by! When you're done reading be sure to check the forum link above and meet our other friends from the Mega Base.

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Retro Gaming and Flea Market Finds - June 2015

I'm a little late on this one because I've been feeling under the weather. Better late than never though. Here are my flea market finds from June.

First up is possibly the most incredible find. Digging around in a tub full of controller spaghetti at a game shop I unearthed a Sega Master System they weren't even aware they had. They didn't really know how to price it either so I was able to take it home for only 10 bucks. Quite a steal! Unfortunately all I have for it right now are some sports games and Ghostbusters but I hope to start collecting some gems for it soon.



Next are some controllers. The first is a Sega Control Stick for the Sega Master system I found for a dollar. The Justifier was given to me by my good buddy @Retro_Brandon who snagged a set of 2 with his purchase of Lethal Enforcers 1 and 2 at 2 Dudes Gaming (that's a lot of 2's). Thank you for enhancing my Snatcher experience dude!




I feel like I'm forgetting some games (it's been a long month) but I did find a copy of Kid Chameleon for only 3 bucks.






This is a first for this blog, but I found myself some nerdy kitchen ware. I found the Leonardo and Raphael Ninja Turtles cereal bowls for only 50 cents a piece. I loved these as a kid and had the whole set of turtles back then. You could only get them in certain boxes of the TMNT cereal so I'd imagine they're sort of rare. Hopefully I can find Donatello and Michelangelo out there one day.


I also found this sweet set of Sonic the Hedgehog glasses for 10 bucks. I'm struggling on whether or not to actually use them.

When I was in Roanoke after Heroes Con, my buddy Rob introduced me to a store there called 5 and under, where nothing in the story is priced above 5 dollars. There I snagged volume 1 of the Regular Show comic and Regular Show for 3DS, both for under 5 each. A real steal because both of these items still retail for 15 at Books A Million and Gamestop.

 

 Lastly is an Ecto 1 from the original Ghostbusters and the only reason I'm sharing it is because it didn't cost an arm and a leg. It doesn't have all of the stickers and is missing a door, but that usually doesn't keep the price down with most toy vendors. I managed to snag this one for 8 bucks.



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment