Welcome to the Super Rad Arcade!

I'm Ryan, otherwise known as FistoftheWind on the internets. This is my personal space for retro video gaming, movie and television reviews as well as a lot of other junk from the 80's and 90's. Thanks for stopping by! When you're done reading be sure to check the forum link above and meet our other friends from the Mega Base.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Playing for charity

This Friday I had a great meeting with my team mates working with me on our Fight for Hope tournament series. So far we were able to paint a clearer picture of everyone's responsibilities at the events as well as a rough sort of expense report for our swag items and food/drinks.

Our next step is to make a final decision on a venue. We're in the process of calling several places now. We just need to find a place that would hopefully host us for free so we can give 100% of our earnings to charity.

This is an exciting project for me as I've never really worked on an event to support charitable causes before. My past tournament experience usually involves competing for that grand prize pot of cash and the pure thrill of the competition.

I'm seeing several events popping up here and there to benefit the earth quake victims of Japan which is a great thing. We want to do the same, but continue further in a series of events that will benefit other causes as well. If we're successful, this will always be the purpose of Fight for Hope.

I want to encourage gamers to organize their own sort of events for similar causes. No matter what genre you play, this is a great way for our hobby to do some good in the world and hopefully look like less of a waste of time to casual observers.

So there's an update on what we're doing and how we're processing towards our first event. I'm welcome to any suggestions anyone might have. Be sure to watch out for our event page on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment