Welcome to the Super Rad Arcade!

I'm Ryan, otherwise known as FistoftheWind on the internets. This is my personal space for retro video gaming, movie and television reviews as well as a lot of other junk from the 80's and 90's. Thanks for stopping by! When you're done reading be sure to check the forum link above and meet our other friends from the Mega Base.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Weird gaming induced habits

Has gaming affected the way you think or even how you act? Before I share, this isn't going to be one of those posts attempting to explore the long term affects of gaming on behavior or anything. I'm more interested in the quirky ways gaming may have snuck into your life.

Here are a few of mine.

Street Fighter 2010, get out of my head
Whenever I read or hear someone say "a little background" the Street Fighter 2010 opening theme immediately begins to play in my head.

Back in my school days, whenever we had a field trip I would find myself pretending that I had some sort of alternate agenda for going, a secret mission of sorts. Sometimes I would try to sneak away from the group to try and get into areas where we weren't particularly allowed. The coolest thing I ever achieved from this was when we were at an aquarium and I found my way to an area where a woman was preparing some kind of food for the fish and I got to chat with her for a second. Usually a theme from Chrono Trigger would accompany on adventures like this, such as the factory ruins theme or the forest theme.

Sometimes when I'm putting things in my messenger bag I try to envision what the inventory screen might look like for the bag.

For some reason when I pick up my car keys I kind of think "got keys" or "found car keys" as if there was some sort of on screen text. I seem to only do this with my keys, lol.

Sound strange? Perhaps. I'm anxious to see if anyone else does anything similar.

1 comment:

  1. I've laughed at people that got cop aggro before. MMOs have warped my brain. I've also done the inventory screen thing in my head with a bookbag or purse.

    ReplyDelete