Welcome to the Super Rad Arcade!

I'm Ryan, otherwise known as FistoftheWind on the internets. This is my personal space for retro video gaming, movie and television reviews as well as a lot of other junk from the 80's and 90's. Thanks for stopping by! When you're done reading be sure to check the forum link above and meet our other friends from the Mega Base.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Connor has HOMEWORK?

Milestone time again.  I got a text today from Caiti saying Connor had his first homework assignment.  At first I thought "in preschool, really!?" but after she explained it was clearly a fun thing.

So the assignment was to decorate a square piece of paper for a paper friendship quilt his everyone in his classroom is contributing to.  So after dinner and bath time were done I set up Connor's table for an art fest.  I set Liam up in his high chair with his own crayons and paper because he has to have his hands in everything big brother is doing and I wanted Connor's piece to be all him.

First he started with the crayons and made dots all across the page, followed by some lines and circles.  He was proud to draw his circles for me, maybe they've been working on that in school.  After that he told me he wanted some squares.  I don't have a pair of safety scissors here at home (will be changing that very soon) so I helped him hold our big scissors to cut squares of construction paper.  I think the whole point of that was so he could use the glue stick he'd been eyeing the whole time.  So while he was gluing his squares down I decided to surprise him with Caiti's water color set.

He got really excited about that.  "Paint like Momma" he said while I was making some colors for him.  He seemed pretty fascinated with how the colors bled out onto the paper and kept dipping more water to spread them out more.  The watercolor wouldn't paint over his crayon marks due to the wax which made a pretty cool effect.

I suggested gluing some things of his to it to personalize it but he wouldn't have it.  A car or something being glued to it would be a car lost in his eyes I think.  After messing with the paints for a few more minutes he announced "I'm done!" and hopped away to see what Liam was doing, which was growling furiously and trying to cover every inch of paper with crayon that he could.

I'm really proud of his finished work.  Looks like something an art snob would pay top dollar for.  If it comes back to the house after school is over it's definitely going on the fridge or in my cubicle at work.  I'm so proud of him, it really is wonderful to look at.  Pictures below!





And the finish...


2 comments: