Welcome to the Super Rad Arcade!

I'm Ryan, otherwise known as FistoftheWind on the internets. This is my personal space for retro video gaming, movie and television reviews as well as a lot of other junk from the 80's and 90's. Thanks for stopping by! When you're done reading be sure to check the forum link above and meet our other friends from the Mega Base.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Retro Gaming Finds - May through September

Yes I've been very lazy in sharing my retro gaming finds for the past five months or so. My acquisition of new items has actually been pretty few and far between and while I've had fun visiting the flea market and thrift shops I didn't feel I needed to dedicate a blog to a single 2 dollar item unless it was a really stellar find.

Here we are, many months later since my last flea market finds post and I have accumulated several items to share. Hopefully I'll be able to do this more frequently in the coming months.


The collective flea market lot

Sweet flea market finds include:

Echo the Dolphin: Tides of Time - $5
Galaxy Force II - $5
Virtua Racing - $5
Road Rash II - $3
Wonderboy in Monster World - $1
Captain America and the Avengers - $2
Techno Cop - $3
Sub Terania - $1
Dynamite Heady - $1


I'm also now the proud owner of a Sega CD!

Thanks to my good buddy Dale for finding this gem for me. It had always been one of my dreams to own one. I only ever got to play Sega CD at a friends house and even then we had to "be careful" with it because it was his dad's expensive new toy.

This came from a lot on Craigslist from an older couple that just didn't know what they had. You know the story, son/daughter grows up and moves out but leaves game system behind. Parents find later on and want to get rid of it so they sell it on the cheap to move it. An amazing find and I can't thank him enough for it.

As for some other goodies. Since I never had a box to my Alisia Dragoon cartridge to begin with and Beyond Oasis is stuck with one of those cruddy cardboard boxes, I decided to take some donor Sega boxes and have some new custom inserts printed for them to give these games a proper home. The Office Depot print print shop was able to print high quality reproductions that match the material of the original Sega inserts identically. I found these custom artworks at The Cover Project. Check em out!




As always thanks for stopping by! Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment