Welcome to the Super Rad Arcade!

I'm Ryan, otherwise known as FistoftheWind on the internets. This is my personal space for retro video gaming, movie and television reviews as well as a lot of other junk from the 80's and 90's. Thanks for stopping by! When you're done reading be sure to check the forum link above and meet our other friends from the Mega Base.

Monday, December 8, 2014

Cool Fighting Game News

This weekend saw some pretty big news in the world of fighting games. Completely out of the blue, Capcom announced they are currently working on Street Fighter V and even had a collection of screen shots and a trailer to show off. Seeing as Ultra Street Fighter IV is still relatively new I don't think anyone expected that V was even a thought on the drawing board just yet.












Check out the trailer for yourself!

Ryu and Chun li look pretty stunning in this next gen graphics engine. The gameplay for the most part appears very similar to Street Fighter IV while there are a few different things going on that we can only speculate at this time. What's going on with the electricity on Ryu's hands when he seems to execute that taunt looking pose? Is Chun li able to do a version of the Tensei Ranka after her air stomps as a special? Did I just see her kick Ryu back up off the ground? We can also hear Ryu say Denjin before unleashing the big Hadouken at the end of the trailer which has led to some speculation that V will take place after III in the storyline since he didn't learn the Denjin until then. (for those not in the know, the events of Street Fighter IV actually take place before III). This will hopefully lead to a whole new cast of characters and hopefully more returning characters from the III series.

Perhaps the biggest shocker of this whole announcement is that Capcom has stated that Street Fighter V will be a Playstation 4 and PC for all time, meaning there's no chance of it appearing on the Xbox One. I haven't picked up any of the next gen consoles yet myself, but this pretty much seals the deal on the Playstation 4 for me but I can completely understand Xbox fans feeling burned over this. Time will tell if Capcom sticks to their guns with this but I don't think it's likely. For one thing, you know there will be more updates released. Once a second version hits, I predict it'll find a home on the Xbox One as well. I predict that only the initial version of Street Fighter V will remain exclusive. Only time will tell.


In other news, Tekken celebrated it's 20 year anniversary this weekend with some special announcements for Tekken 7. I'm not a huge Tekken fan, but I wanted to talk about this because it kind of grinds my gears. Series producer, Katsuhiro Harada, unveiled a newcomer to the cast by the name of Lucky Chloe which has since garnered a lot of hate on the internet for some reason. Why? I haven't the slightest idea. She looks like a Tekken character to me. Is it because she's too cute? Then how come no one complained about Alisa? Is it because she's dressed with cat girl accessories? Well, from watching people play Tekken at tournaments it seems like 80% of the people playing Xiao Yu choose her with the panda accessories. What exactly is the problem here?

In my opinion Chloe fits appropriately in a world of martial arts practicing animals, robots, wooden men and demons. It sounds to like these opinions are a bunch of man baby, neck beard insecurities running amock if you ask me.

So welcome to the Tekken cast, Chloe. I probably wont be buying Tekken 7 when it releases anyway but that's nothing against you.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment