Welcome to the Super Rad Arcade!

I'm Ryan, otherwise known as FistoftheWind on the internets. This is my personal space for retro video gaming, movie and television reviews as well as a lot of other junk from the 80's and 90's. Thanks for stopping by! When you're done reading be sure to check the forum link above and meet our other friends from the Mega Base.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Archie Comics Worlds Unite - My Thoughts

Archie Comics announced yesterday that they'll be doing another crossover series with Capcom and Sega characters. Characters from my two favorite video game companies together in one comic? This is awesome! The Sonic and Mega Man crossover they did a year or so back was really entertaining and had excellent artwork so of course I'm excited to see what they come up with here.

So far all they've released is the teaser image to the left which at least tells us that the Sonic Boom universe as well as Mega Man X will be joining. There are a few others I can recognize from their silhouettes and it looks like they're digging deep into both companies' franchises.

So far I see...

Alex Kidd to the right of X
Viewtiful Joe to the left of Sticks
Nina from Breath of Fire above X
Maybe Red Arremer a few characters above Sticks
At the very top that could either be one of the beasts from Monster Hunter or perhaps Hauzer from Red Earth.

I'm very excited about this cast so far. Both companies have a huge library of characters to draw from and I'm happy to see they aren't leaning on the Sonic and Mega Man casts too much. This is "worlds" unite after all. I never thought I'd say it but it looks like I may be picking up Archie Comics again come May.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment